Monday, May 21, 2012

I had an eye opening moment as a parent yesterday....

My daughter is very much like me, when we get emotional or upset about things, we tend to hold them on because we don't want people to feel our hurt or pain. She has been having some thoughts about how she feels as a teenager and all the changes that are coming about and it hurt my heart to know she was holding it all in. She is a smart girl and she was smart enough to go and talk to my BFF's daughter (who is also her age) and she in turn talked to her Mom who talked to me. It felt good to know that she has an outlet to talk to someone and even better to know that she is doing much better after talking with me about how she feels.

Every person has been a teenager and had the feelings of hating Acne, trying to fit in and all the things teenagers deal with but I am proud of my daughter and think she is the most beautiful person inside and out.

Parents make sure you talk to your kids, tell them how you feel and give them that outlet when they need it the most.


It truly takes a village to raise a child..


No comments: